Christopher Family Scholarship
Mark Christopher was a resident, business owner, and volunteer in the David Douglas community since 1976. He had a career in the automotive field for approximately 40 years. Mark was a GMC Master mechanic and owned and ran an automotive repair shop, Mark’s Car Clinic, for 16 years. He also volunteered at school functions (Lincoln Park Elementary School, Floyd Light Middle School and David Douglas High School), for the Boy Scouts, and the David Douglas Dad’s Club while his sons were in school. He continued to support his wife in her volunteer activities for the David Douglas School District and the David Douglas Educational Foundation until he passed away in February 2018.
Mark was a loving, hard -working family man who believed in the need for students to further their education or training so they could earn a family wage once leaving high school. Mark’s wife, Frieda Christopher and his sons, Tony (1989 graduate) and Paul (1994 graduate) decided to endow a scholarship in his memory for a student seeking a career in the automotive field.
- One scholarship will be awarded at Senior Recognition Night.
- Letter of recommendation from Career Technical Education (CTE) instructor.
- Personal Essay
- CTE classes taken
- Work Experience
- For a student seeking a career in the automotive field, if no student meets the criteria, then a student seeking a career in a related field may be chosen.
- Must have a cumulative GPA 2.0
- Must plan on attending a 2 or 4 years college or certified technical training institution.