The David Douglas Educational Foundation (DDEF) has established a scholarship endowment so each year scholarships will be made available for two David Douglas graduating seniors. This is just one of the many ways the Foundation is providing special support to the students of David Douglas School District.
- Two (2) $1,500 scholarships will be available to qualifying seniors.
- Must have attended schools in the David Douglas School District for 12 years (1st – 12th grade)
- Must have a cumulative GPA 3.0
- Must plan on attending an accredited two or four-year college/university.
- Community Service (example: church activities, scouting programs, volunteer work)
- Extracurricular activities (sports, arts, clubs)
- Personal Essay
- Financial Need (must be provided to be considered for scholarship)
- Work Experience
- Applications are must be complete and turned in the DDHS College & Career Center on the designated due date.
- If a scholarship recipient is unable, for any reason, to accept and utilize the scholarship prior to next spring, the funds will revert back to the scholarship account. If the recipient commences using the scholarship and then for some reason drops out or cannot continue to use the scholarship funds, the scholarship funds will revert back to the scholarship account.
- Students must be a resident of the David Douglas School District at the time of high school graduation.
- The committee reserves the right to reject all applications and not award the scholarship(s).
- The David Douglas Educational Foundation reserves the right to verify any part of the application.
- A Scholarship Committee selected by the DDEF Board will judge applications.