David Douglas Educational Foundation
DDEF Fir Ridge and FR Moore/Parker Scholarships
The David Douglas Educational Foundation and FR Moore/Parker each established a scholarship endowment allowing funds to be available for two graduating seniors from the Fir Ridge Campus, David Douglas High School to continue their education. This is just one of the many ways DDEF is providing special support to students of the David Douglas School District.
One (1) $1,500 DDEF FR scholarship
- One (1) $500 FR Moore/Parker scholarship
Must have at least a cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Must attend a vocational/trade school, or a 2-4 year college or university.
- Must live within the David Douglas School District boundaries.
- Financial Need (must be provided to be considered for scholarship)
- Work Experience
- Community Service
- Extracurricular activities
- Only fully completed applications will be considered.
If a scholarship recipient is unable, for any reason, to accept and utilize the scholarship within one (1) year of receiving, it will revert back to the scholarship endowments. If a recipient is unable to use the scholarship by spring of the following year, a letter of request must be sent to the DDEF Board explaining the reason and asking for a postponement. If the recipient commences using the scholarship and then for some reason drops out or cannot continue to use the scholarship funds, remaining funds will revert back to the scholarship endowment.
- The committee reserves the right to reject all applications and not award the scholarships.
- The DDEF reserves the right to verify any part of the application.
- A Scholarship Committee selected by the DDEF Scholarship Committee Chair will judge the applications.
- Recipient will have one year from the award date to submit request for payment.
- Payment of the scholarship grant will be made to the student and the college/university after evidence of enrollment has been furnished to the Special Projects Office, David Douglas School District.
- It is the responsibility of the recipient to request when that payment is to be made