Donald E. Harrel Memorial Scholarship
The Donald E. Harrel Memorial Scholarship was established in 1989 in memory of Donald E. Harrel, who for many years was a booster and supporter for the David Douglas School District.
An endowment fund has been established to fund one scholarship to be awarded annually to a David Douglas High School graduating senior. The scholarship is not renewable. The annual scholarship amount will be determined by the earnings from the endowment.
Applications for the Donald E. Harrel Scholarship will be judged by a scholarship committee. This committee reserves the right to withhold the scholarship if none of the applicants meets the criteria.
The criteria for selection of the scholarship recipient will include:
- Seventh semester grade point average of 3.20 to 3.50
- All-around student who has been involved in both school and community activities
- Student who has demonstrated a level of achievement and involvement through personal efforts
- Student who will not receive one of the other scholarship awards which are designated for David Douglas graduating seniors only.
- Recipient will have one year from the award date to submit request for payment.
- Payment of the scholarship grant will be made to the student and the college/university after evidence of enrollment has been furnished to the Special Projects Office, David Douglas School District.
- It is the responsibility of the recipient to request when that payment is to be made.