Walter E. Dillon Scholarship
Mr. Walter E. Dillon retired from his position as Assistant Superintendent of David Douglas Schools, where he devoted many years of service. In their Wills, Mr. and Mrs. Dillon left a sum of money to be used for a graduating senior to pursue a college education. An annual scholarship will be awarded, as a one-time grant, to a successful applicant who excels at David Douglas High School in athletics and academics.
Applicant must have a GPA of no less than 3.25.
Applicant must have completed at least two sports seasons during the time he/she was a student at David Douglas High School; however, participation in athletics at the college level is not a requirement.
- Attach letters of recommendation from at least one major academic teacher, and either one coach/athletic director, one counselor or administrator.
- Attach an unofficial copy of high school transcript.
- Accepted for admission by an accredited 4-year college/university.
- Financial need is not a consideration for selection.
Applicants will be judged by a scholarship committee and they reserve the right to withhold the scholarship if none of the applicants meets the criteria.
- Recipient will have one year from date of award to submit a request for payment.
- Recipient will provide evidence of enrollment at a qualifying institution to the Special Projects Office, David Douglas School District.
- Payment will be by check in the name of the recipient and the qualifying institution.
- It is the responsibility of the recipient to request when that payment is to be made.